$2,683.00 – $3,487.00
DX-CDm Manual Disc Destruction Device w/ Standard 1 Yr Warranty
The DX-CDm™ is a manually operated device, it is the world’s first fully manual device demonstrated to substantially exceed the NSA specification for residue particle size when removing the information-baring layer on CD-ROM, CD-R and CD-RW discs. The hub ring or clamping area of the disc remains untouched thus allowing for confirmation of destruction.
The DX-CDm™ has been evaluated by the NSA and meets the requirements of NSA/CSS Specification 04-02 for Optical Media.
The DX-CDm™ is designed for the manual destruction of CD-ROM, CD-R and CD-RW discs. It is designed to be used in ships, aircraft, fighting vehicles, and field units. The 20 pound unit uses very little space and can be mounted in any convenient location. Operation is very simple; open the door, place the media in the unit label side up†, close the door; turn the built-in handle and in a few seconds the data has been removed from the disc. Remove the disc as proof of destruction. Because the process does not touch the clamping area, the remaining disc can be positively identified thus eliminating the need for destruction logs and witnesses, just return the disc as absolute proof of destruction.
Environmentally safe, efficient, and quick, the DX-CDm™ is a must-have device for anyone charged with the responsibility of destroying unneeded CD, CD-R and CD-RW discs containing corporate or government sensitive and classified information. The DX-CDm™ stands to become the defacto standard for the manual destruction of CD, CD-R and CD-RW discs – The data shredder of the 21st century.
†Paper labels and stickers must be removed prior to destruction
- Fast Operation – 3 to 15 seconds to completely remove all information from any CD, CD-R or CD-RW disc.
- High Level of Security – Designed to substantially exceed all published recommendations and standards for the removal of the data layer on compact disc media, inlcuding CD-ROM, CD-R and CD-RW.
- Media Identification – The inner hub or clamping area remains untouched to allow positive media identification for those applications where certification of destruction is required.
- Field Portable/Vehicle Mountable – Weight < 19 pounds (< 9 kg), Height 10 inches (25.4 cm), Diameter 7 inches (17.8 cm).
- Mechanical Operation – Designed for easy operation with a retractable handle. Operates on 15 pounds of pressure, or less.
- Environmentally Safe Operation – Meets health and safety requirements.
- Replaceable Parts – Available from your sales representative.
- U.S. Patent Issued – Patent # 5,954,569, Patent # 6,039,637 – other patents pending. CD ROM, Inc. holds the base patents in this field.
- On GSA Schedule – GS-35F-0450J (CD ROM, Inc.) Part # 110401
Kit includes set of three replacement pads to safely destroy sensitive, or classified (DoD Approved) CD-ROMs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs. A replacement set of three pads destroys a low of a dozen and a high of about 50 discs. The number of pads needed depends on the type of media, the coatings on the surface of the media, and the amount and type of printing on the surface of the media. All paper adhesive labels must be removed prior to destroying any optical discs with either our patented and DoD Approved manual unit, or our patented and DoD Approved electric unit.
Optional DX-DVDm Manual DVD Splitter Available (The DX-DVDm Manual DVD Splitter is available only for international orders at this time)